- My life is busy - I have work and (now) three kids and a husband, and my house is a mess.
- I need some time to relax, so that would be the best use of any quiet time I manage to sneak in.
- I didn't really feel any closer to God through the process.
- I didn't have anyone to keep me accountable.
- It's hard to take time away from the family I love.
- It can be difficult to read at that pace - always examining the passage and my heart closely.
But really, it comes down to a lack of commitment on my part. I could have dealt with each of those obstacles, some of them in a very simple manner. Instead, I chose to ignore what God had put on my heart to do. It's amazing how easily I let go of that small bit of excitement I felt at trying to get closer to God again.
So here I am six months later. Yes, I can still use those excuses, but I don't want to. I am committing to reading every day until I make it all the way through the Psalms. I will read carefully, searching for what God needs to teach me. And, so that I can't quit before I'm done, I am going to post what I'm learning (or not learning) on this blog. I have blogged before, but never publicly, so this has the potential to make me vulnerable in a new way. For those of you who know me well, you will understand that I'm a private person. I don't feel the need to share my thoughts and feelings with everyone and I don't like the focus to be on me. So, you will know how difficult a process this could be for me. I would appreciate any encouragement you can give - and a good kick in the pants if I slack off again.